Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

OTHER THOUGHTS


Other thoughts in relation to the above...

I haven’t really made it a goal to specifically be a PREACH  MY GOSPEL  missionary. I have always said in my mind, "Well I am trying..." but haven’t applied all the principles. It is now my goal to apply! 

I am learning a lot with Irma Stillman - she is goal oriented, and I really have been feeling a difference as I have been applying more principles of the gospel into teaching.
Good thing I am still a greenie myself and have lots of time to keep learning!!
I had really awesome personal studies this week, and I felt the spirit working a lot more in our teaching and contacting. Speaking in this, we had 28 other lessons this past week, but only 2 progressing investigators and 1 in church (last week we had 0, it is super weird without investigators in church!!!)  Our district leader called us back and asked how is that possible to have so many lessons and very few progress. It was a good conversation and part of the conclusion we came to is that we are not doing a good job in follow-up to know if our investigators are progressing.  It was another click moment that I really haven’t understood that concept until now. Of course baptism is the biggest priority but it will never happen if investigators don’t pray or read the Book of Mormon first or go to church.  I am very grateful for inspired leaders and companions who understand this concept, so that we can make changes and help people progress!!  I am learning about the importance of priorities.  In many ways I try to run doing everything I can to help in the work of the Lord but as someone once said I believe Elder Caussé the spirit likes preparation.  So when we prepare according to our priorities things will work out.
...I didn’t really prepare this email or basically any email that I write so it is usually just my random thoughts but hey, some things don’t change or haven’t yet... :)
Anyway, it was a great week of learning!  We had a surprise Tuesday morning that Irma Reis would leave Tuesday instead of Wednesday so we left the house immediately to do contacts instead of do our studies, she was really upset that she had to leave a day early, but the last was the best! We found some awesome people!!!  Then an hour after she left, about 6pm we received a phone call that we would be receiving another companion!!!  Irma Thomas was in Vila Real (Porto) but was transferred to serve with us!!!  Some things happened in her area, she was in a tripla too, and well, it worked out perfectly because we lost Irma Reis, and Irma Thomas jumped right in!!  She is from Canada, and she was companions with Irma Urgiles Encalada in the MTC!! 
Great excitement!  A reminder that God is in control of all things!!
Obrigada for all of your prayers and support!  I love this work! It is the best!
Read the book of Mormon- there is so much power in that book!!
Have a great week!!

com amor,
Irma Michael

PS  song for this week:  Vonde ó filhos do senhor


No comments:

Post a Comment