Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Advice for a NEW GREENIE


Tell that mom that yeah... it is hot in the summer and really cold in the winter :)
I have everything that I need here. You know me... I just deal with it, but surprisingly everything has been working out, and Portugal has just about everything that we have in the states. I remember when I arrived that I was surprised that they have lots of things we have.

As for advice to a new greenie... well, OBEY the counsel of your leaders. They are inspired and they know the "why" behind the counsel they give. This whole time I have tried to apply what I have learned from my leaders, but not literally changed my thoughts behavior and beliefs in the moment they have invited us to change. It has taken me until now, and I am still learning. We only can progress when we correct our errors in the moment. At Christmas conference, Elder Texeira, talked about repentance- a change of thoughts, behaviors and beliefs, (in PMG). Literally means change behavior. Don’t go back and do the same thing over again.  This is probably the thing I wish I would have understood earlier on.  Also, have fun!  Make missionary work fun as you proselyte, and make sure that the members and investigators can see how living the gospel makes us happy people!  I was reading the book of Mormon this week in Mormon 8:38... I imagine that Moroni was trying to figure out why there was such great destruction among the Nephites,..I imagine that one of the reasons he discovered is because of the focus the people had on the things of the world and preoccupation, fear, Embarrassment in the eyes of the world, (trusting in the arm of flesh) instead of trusting in that God who is their Father and who created all things!  I am coming to the end of the Book of Mormon in Portuguese and finally I am recognizing that there is no need to be embarrassed, or timid or shy or weak as to the things of the Lord. He makes us strong when we come unto Him.
Also, all the answers are in Preach My Gospel!  In our zone meeting this past week, President Torgan gave us 2 challenges: 1-PRAY with faith, Nothing doubting. 2-BE PREACH MY GOSPEL MISSIONARIES.
Well, maybe there is something out of what I just wrote that you can give to the new Irma as advice...
BTW, I was in the office in January and saw the photo of a girl that said she was from Downey, CA...??  mistake, or Spanish stake?? Just curious… She is coming in March I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment