Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Feliz Páscoa

Happy Easter!
As we celebrated Easter yesterday, I am so grateful that our Savior sacrificed everything of Himself so that we can gain eternal life! Here in the mission, i am learning a few things, well a lot, but until now I have only identified a few. One of them is my understanding of the Savior, and His Sacrifice. I have always had a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have always known that it is a good thing to follow the Savior. But, now i am only beginning to understand a very very small portion of what the word sacrifice means. When i came on my mission, I did so willingly. I knew that i would leave my family and friends, and studies, and everything in my life. I was okay with leaving those things behind, and was excited to focus wholy in the work of the Lord. I just didn´t understand the kinds of sacrifices that people make every day to live the gospel, to apply the teachings of Jesus into my daily life. Here on the mission, we have the opportunity to apply the teachings of the gospel, the most basic principles and ordinances of the gospel into the lives of the people wohm we serve.
This is just a small portion of what I am beginning to learn. I am grateful for this opportunity to be here and serve the people of Portugal. I guess you can say, this is a moment of reflection that i am taking to look at where I am and where I want to go.
We have transfers this week, and yesterday Irmã Torgan called us and informed us that Irmã Graf and I will be transfered out of Almada. I have been here since I started in Portugal and I am excited for a new adventure. It was a little strange to say good bye to Mario, Brazia, and the family Santos, but they are in good hands. Irmã Reis and Irmã Egbert will stay here in Almada and it will become one area again like it was before I arrived.
Irmã Graf and I will be white washing the area of Linda Velha!!! It is close to Lisbon, in the Oeris Zone. I heard that it is the home ward of President Torgan!!!! (Russell, like your area of Altona :)
I am so excited for this adventure that is ahead! It is irmã Graf´s last transfer in the mission, so we will work really hard together, and find those people that are ready for us!!
I love you all!
Have a great week and remember who you are!!
Com Amor,
Irmã Michael

1 comment:

  1. I just love how positive she is! thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete