Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Today was so AWESOME!

Not much time today... today was so awesome! we experienced portugal culture! our bishop took us to three castles and told us about the history of portugal and we saw olive trees that are 2000 years old and the castles are from 1200s it was incredible we took pictures by the beach too! it is so beautiful!! i feel like i have experienced more of the culture now!!
so this past week was difficult :) Irma Greco was sick and still kind of is, and the work was slow. It rained a lot too and is raining today. But we did teach Ana and João and had their baptism planned for yesterday. Saturday night João changed his mind although he stil believed everything... something about he doesnt ned to change religions, and then ana came to church sunday, but didnt show for her baptism. we went to her house and talked with her, prayed with her and tried to figure out why dhe didnt wasn tot be baptized, but she didnt want to, so we bore our testimonies to her of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of jesus christ and then we left. After we walked out the door, irma greco and i said a prayer then got back to work. the work must go on.
This week i have felt the Holy Ghost testify to my soul of the truth of this work. It is powerful. THe gospel is real. I am so grateful.
Thank you for your prayers and your love. I feel your support especially when the work is difficult. But it wasnt meant to be easy.
THe portuguese is getting better. i do my best to talk when i can.
Press forward with faith in Christ
I am so excited for Jacob!!!!!!
I love you all! Boa semana!
love, ~
Irma Michael

1 comment:

  1. Dear Darling Michael Family,
    I'm not sure if I am doing this right or not...I'm sorry to be so old and
    out of the LOOP of many things that come so easy to all of you darling
    young people..my computer is way behind everyone else's and it was a
    source of contention when some of the family tried to use it over the
    Holidays.
    I was SO EXCITED to even read the letter from you, Hillery to your family
    and I hope you will ALL be patient with my learning experience. I loved
    the sweet thank you note from you, Jacob. I was blessed at Christmas
    time to have my daughter ALyson's family here from South CArolina, my
    sister from Phoenix and being with Kirstins family too. We spent three
    weeks traveling between San Diego and Hesperia trying to be with as much
    family as time and weather would allow. Alyson's daughter Katie (18) and
    Kirstin's daughter Suzanne (18) were together the whole time. They both
    chose to go to the Single's Branch with Kyle so they got to hear Jacob's
    talk in there.
    I LOVE hearing about your life, missions, language and all the above.
    You are a PRECIOUS FAMILY TO ME and I'm grateful for all that you share
    with me.
    The Gospel is true, you will all have many wonderful experiences to share
    and I know that you will have some trials too...that's also a part of
    this life experience.
    My LOVE AND PRAYERS, Mary Lou Lang
    _________________________________________________________

    ReplyDelete